Sunday 27 June 2010

I want to add to my dressmaking knowledge


I am eagerly awaiting this book in the post. I wonder what these secrets will be. Mmmm.
I am also at the stage of needing to learn a little bit more about the dressmaking process. I can just about manage with simple patterns but I would like to move on a bit to the next stage, as it were.

Sewing Secrets from the Fashion Industry: Proven Methods to Help You Sew Like the Pros (Rodale Sewing Book)



Seeing as I am a full time student nurse I simply do not have time to do any courses. There is an amazing course at my local adult education that runs for a year at one evening a week but I just can't commit to it. So I have ordered this:

This four-DVD set is a must for seamsters in search of a perfect-fitting garment.






















It was over £50 so I really hope I can get  a lot out of it. Does anyone else have this box set, if so have you found it useful? 

Also I'm getting to the stage of thinking about getting an overlocker. Does anyone have any advise for which to get for a beginner?

No comments:

Post a Comment